Wow what a weekend! Ken Medema attended both our morning worship services, and lit them up! At lunch several of our folks got a chance for some “up close and personal” conversation with him; then the evening concert at SWIC was just tremendous! Here are just a few of the highlights of the weekend – which were your favorites?
- The lights going out at the 8:00 service and Ken singing “Whatcha gonna do when the power goes out?”;
- Ken picking up on Cameron and Antonio’s names and including them in the special music at the 10:15 service;
- The 8:00 special music: “it’s been raining (grace) here for a long, long time”;
- Ken leading the congregation in “Amazing Grace”;
- Children’s moments at 10:15 where Ken showed the kids his Braille watch;
- Lunch with Ken
- Stories turned into music at the concert;
- Ken’s concert reflections on his “rock & roll” era (my favorite: turning the volume up to “incinerate”)
Post your opinions on your favorite moments here – there’s too many for me to remember!